Knight Castellan Warhammer 40,000 is a multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a Knight Castellan. An enormous super-heavy walker sharing a basic shape with a standard Imperial Knight but expanding upon that basic structure with more armour and a number of weapon upgrades, this Knight variant focuses on devastating long-range artillery strikes. In the box you’ll find 2 frames of components making up the main bulk of the Knight: the torso assembly, the shoulder sections and the legs (which are designed to be modelled on either side of the Knight, allowing some posing), along with 2 sets of shieldbreaker missiles, 2 siegebreaker cannon and 2 twin melta guns. A frame of upgrades is included – this features a volcano lance and plasma decimator which attach to the arms, a head and mask which are unique to this Knight variant, and special chest and groin armour. There’s also an immense carapace, extended in order to fit all the weaponry, and an engine block standing at double the standard height, with 2 power cores and 4 exhausts.
This kit comes as 141 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 170x105mm Oval base. An Imperial Knights transfer sheet is included.
The Imperial Knights march to war with earth-shaking footfalls, towering over mortal soldiers and lesser machines. Each Knight is a towering engine of destruction, a bipedal killing machine bristling with firepower and devastating close-quarters weaponry. Linked to their Noble pilots by the arcane Throne Mechanicum, the Knights move with a speed and grace that should be impossible for engines of their size, guided by the Code Chivalric to wipe the Imperium's enemies clean from the galaxy with thunderous gouts of flame. Their glory is that of Humanity's golden age, and none can resist their titanic charge.
Knight Houses field great hosts of these majestic war machines, from nimble Armiger-class squires to the implacable Dominus-class, and make war steeped in their ancestors' rich traditions. Some storied Houses can trace their histories back before the coming of the Emperor, when their worlds were beset by an Age of Darkness kept at bay only by the heroics of their forebears. Others Imperial Knight pilots break from their noble Houses and set out on the path of the Freeblade – commanding their Knight for personal gain, or joining a Freeblade Lance to win renown across the galaxy.
This resplendent book is a must-have for Imperial Knights players and collectors, as well as those who enlist the services of a Knight in their Imperium armies. Within its pages you'll find the rules to play an army of Imperial Knights – including Noble Houses, Knightly Teachings and Oaths of the Code Chivalric – as well as background lore exploring the structure and stories of the Knight Houses, from their ancient origins and legendary victories to the time-steeped traditions and cherished heraldry that each Knight carries to war.
Inside this 136-page hardback book, you'll find:
– In-depth background on the Imperial Knights, their relationships with the Imperium's factions, and the structure of their Great Houses
– Majestic artwork depicting the glory of these regal warriors and their titanic steeds, as well as the livery of their most notable Houses.
– All the rules you need to play an Imperial Knights army, including the Freeblade Lance Army of Renown, and how to include a Knight in other Imperium armies
– Complete rules for Crusade campaigns and narrative games, in which your Knights embark on great Quests to become legends throughout the Imperium
– An 'Eavy Metal miniatures showcase full of lovingly painted Imperial Knights miniatures
MAXIMUM OF 2 COPIES PER ORDER
An Age of Darkness has descended upon the galaxy. Horus Lupercal, Warmaster of the Emperor's armies, has turned against his gene-father and sent the Imperium spiralling into bloody civil war. Of the eighteen great Space Marine Legions, finest of all humanity's soldiers, fully half have sided with the traitorous Warmaster, while the remainder stand staunchly loyal to the Emperor. It is a war of brother against brother, Space Marine against Space Marine, which has seen the might of the Imperium's vast armies turned upon itself in a cataclysm of fire and blood.
In Warhammer: The Horus Heresy you will pit mighty armies of superhuman warriors against each other in apocalyptic tabletop battles. Choose your favoured Legion, from the knightly Dark Angels to the duplicitous Alpha Legion, build your own army from a range of spectacular Citadel and Forge World miniatures, and clash with fellow players in wargames of staggering tactical depth. The tale of the Horus Heresy is the bedrock of Warhammer 40,000's rich history, and this boxed game is the perfect first step to joining the epic conflicts that reshaped the galaxy.
The titanic Warhammer: The Horus Heresy – Age of Darkness boxed set contains a treasure trove of content, from a massive rulebook detailing the setting and stories of the Horus Heresy, as well as gorgeous photography and art, and all the core rules you need to play the game. The box also contains 54 Citadel miniatures – including a massive Spartan Assault Tank and a host of MKVI 'Corvus Armour' Tactical Marines – allowing you to build two opposing forces for out-of-the-box play, or construct a huge Legion force all your own. Alongside all of this, you'll get all the game accessories and rules reference materials you need to immerse yourself in the worlds of the Age of Darkness.
This boxed set contains:
54 plastic miniatures, each supplied with the appropriate Citadel bases:
– Praetor with Power Axe
– Praetor with Power Sword
– 10 Cataphractii Terminators
– 40 MKVI Legion Tactical Marines
– Contemptor Dreadnought
– Spartan Assault Tank
A 336-page hardback Warhammer: The Horus Heresy – Age of Darkness Rulebook, including:
– Extensive background on the Emperor, the Great Crusade, the Imperium, the 18 Legiones Astartes, and the galaxy-spanning conflict that became known as the Horus Heresy
– Core rules for playing Warhammer: The Horus Heresy, including general principles, shooting and fighting, unit types, special rules, and more
– Rules for the five modes of play: Narrative Play, Campaign Play, Open Play, Team Play, and Matched Play
– A miniatures showcase containing eight armies created by members of the Warhammer: The Horus Heresy Studio and beyond
All of the accessories you need to play:
– Two 4-page Warhammer: The Horus Heresy Reference Sheets
– 20 six-sided dice and one Scatter dice
– Three weapon templates in translucent orange plastic
– Two red plastic measuring sticks
– One Warhammer: The Horus Heresy transfer sheet, with more than 300 transfers to customise your miniatures with the iconography of the Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus
– A 36-page construction guide which also features an introductory army list
These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly – we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel paints.