Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault is an action-packed combat game for two players. Build your warband, construct your deck, and defeat your rivals.
Shadespire was once a city of wonder and magic, a mercantile metropolis whose rulers defied death, to the fury of Nagash. During the height of the city’s powers, rivals, thieves and would-be conquerors were locked away in the sprawling dungeon known as the Nightvault. After the city’s fall, Nagash broke open the chains that bound the shackled spirits within, giving them weapons to freeze the hearts of the living and enough memory of their torment to fill them with hatred and jealousy. The spectral dead delight in the chance to inflict this hatred upon the living, and the streets of Shadespire echo to the sounds of terrifying screams and cruel, mocking laughter...
In Warhammer Underworlds, you and your opponent pick a warband – 2 are included in this box – and build a deck of power and objective cards. After placing your warband on the hex-tiled game boards, you take turns making actions – movement and attacks – until 3 phases are played. Between actions, you can use the power cards to introduce effects and reactions that can swing the battle in your favour; building the best deck you can and using cunning to deploy these abilities at the perfect time is the secret to mastering the game and dominating your foe. Merely vanquishing your opponent’s warband does not guarantee victory – capturing objectives, standing your ground, making the best tactical choices and deploying the right cards at the right time will gain you the glory points you need to win!
Once you’re familiar with the rules, games will take around 30 minutes – you’ll always have time for a rematch.
In The Box
Everything you and a friend need to play games of Warhammer Underworlds is included in this box. Contained within:
- A Stormcast Eternals warband – Stormsire’s Cursebreakers – made up of 3 push-fit, blue plastic miniatures (Rastus the Charmed, Ammis Dawnguard and the leader, Averon Stormsire);
- A Nighthaunt warband – the Thorns of the Briarqueen – made up of 7 push-fit, bone-coloured plastic miniatures (The Ever-Hanged, Varclav the Cruel, the leader Briar Queen and 4 Chainrasps whom Nagash has not afforded the dignity of names). Both of these warbands are Easy To Build, with no glue necessary and a comprehensive, easy to follow construction guide;
- A 32-page rulebook, including the story of Shadespire’s rise and fall, the opening of the Nightvault, the background of the 2 included warbands and all the rules you need to play – including new scatter mechanics, rules for resolving magic spells, and the use of lethal hexes, sections of game board that are fatal to those pushed in;
- An 8-page quick start guide, covering the contents of the box, understanding your cards, movement and attacks, and playing your first game;
- 2 double-sided game boards, featuring hexes and objectives;
- 2 pre-built decks of power and objective cards – 96 in total – for use with the included warbands;
- 10 double-sided Fighter cards, providing the stats and information needed for the fighters in each warband at a glance;
- 5 attack dice, 3 defence dice and 3 magic dice;
- 11 double-sided objective tokens;
- A scatter template;
- 30 wound tokens;
- 46 double-sided glory point tokens;
- 15 double-sided move and charge tokens;
- 15 Guard tokens;
- 8 activation counters.
Warhammer Underworlds has an intense, fast and fun core ruleset, but the book contains a host of extras - new game modes, competitive and multiplayer rules:
- Matched Play: designed for competitive play, this is a set of rules that level the playing field to the finest degree – perfect for fast, friendly rivalries and tournaments;
- Multiplayer games: extra rules that allow you to combine 2 core sets of Warhammer Underworlds to create 3-or-4-player games, with clarified rules for resolving attacks and adjustments to victory conditions.
Also included is a glossary for quick and easy reference and a sample chapter of The Mirrored City, a Black Library novel set in Shadespire.
This is a set of Stormcast-themed dice for use with Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault. It contains 8 six-sided dice - 5 gold and blue Attack dice and 3 black Defence dice, with the appropriate symbols on each. Pick up a set for spares - you can never have too many!
This set contains 4 6-sided dice, used to resolve magical attacks in games of Warhammer Underworlds. They feature the same symbols as the magic dice found in the Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault boxed game, and feature a 4-colour swirl effect representing the wild, untamed nature of magic in the Age of Sigmar!
The Moonclan Shaman Zarbag and his scuttling band are an infestation spreading through the heart of the Mirrored City. While looting the ruins of Shadespire, Zarbag sniffed out a tantalising aroma indeed – towering clusters of deffcap mushrooms! The Shaman has taken it upon himself to spread this noxious fungus far and wide, drawing more and more of his numberless kin into the Mirrored City.
Introduce a new and unique warband to your games of Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault and take advantage of new and different ways to play – whatever warband you use – with this set of miniatures and cards. It includes 9 rather eccentric, deffcap-addled Grots miniatures and a deck of 60 cards, 31 of which are universal to be used by any and every warband – add these cards to your arsenal and build your perfect deck.
- 9 Easy to Build, yellow-coloured plastic Grots miniatures: Zarbag, Snirk Sourtongue, Prog Da Netter, Stikkit, RedKap, Dibbz, Drizgit Da Squig Herder, Bonekrakka and Gobbaluk;
- 60 unique cards for use in games of Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault, broken down as follows:
- 9 objective cards for Zarbag’s Gitz
- 10 upgrade cards for Zarbag’s Gitz
- 10 ploys for Zarbag’s Gitz
- 11 universal objectives, for use with any Warhammer Underworlds warband
- 10 universal upgrades, for use with any Warhammer Underworlds warband
- 10 universal ploys, for use with any Warhammer Underworlds warband
Designed for Warhammer Underworlds collectors who already own the Garrek’s Reavers and Steelheart’s Champions warbands – stalwart warriors of the Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound factions – this is a set of cards identical to those found in the Nightvault expansions containing those miniatures. No need to buy the whole warband again – simply pick up this set of cards and dive in to Nightvault! Included:
Transport everything you need for games of Warhammer Underworlds to and from your destination with this carry case. Constructed from rigid foam, it has been designed to be strong enough to keep your miniatures from being crushed, yet flexible enough to absorb the impact should you drop it. Measuring 220x270mm, it’s easily large enough to hold several warbands in its 3 rows of channel foam, with enough space in the other side for 2 Warhammer Underworlds game boards, attack, defence and magic dice, and all the tokens used during games.
This is a set of Zarbag's Gitz-themed dice for use with Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault. It contains 8 six-sided dice - 5 white and yellow Attack dice featuring black details, and 3 black Defence dice featuring yellow details, with the appropriate symbols on each. Pick up a set for spares – you can never have too many!
This is a set of Eyes of the Nine-themed dice for use with Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault. It contains 8 six-sided dice – 5 white and blue attack dice featuring black details, and 3 black defence dice featuring blue details, with the appropriate symbols on each. Pick up a set for spares – you can never have too many!
Protect your precious Warhammer Underworlds cards with this set of sleeves themed around the Eyes of the Nine, the Disciples of Tzeentch warband expansion for Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault:
- 12 sleeves for your objective cards, with artwork on the reverse;
- 20 sleeves for your power cards, with artwork on the reverse;
- 5 sleeves for the character cards, with transparent reverse.