This Citadel Base paint, made by Games Workshop, is designed to base coat miniatures very easily in order to give a matt finish with a single layer. It is a non-toxic, water-based acrylic paint designed for use on all types of miniature, including the Games Workshop range of miniatures manufactured for the Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Lord of the Rings games sytems.
Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault is an action-packed combat game for two players. Build your warband, construct your deck, and defeat your rivals.
Shadespire was once a city of wonder and magic, a mercantile metropolis whose rulers defied death, to the fury of Nagash. During the height of the city’s powers, rivals, thieves and would-be conquerors were locked away in the sprawling dungeon known as the Nightvault. After the city’s fall, Nagash broke open the chains that bound the shackled spirits within, giving them weapons to freeze the hearts of the living and enough memory of their torment to fill them with hatred and jealousy. The spectral dead delight in the chance to inflict this hatred upon the living, and the streets of Shadespire echo to the sounds of terrifying screams and cruel, mocking laughter...
In Warhammer Underworlds, you and your opponent pick a warband – 2 are included in this box – and build a deck of power and objective cards. After placing your warband on the hex-tiled game boards, you take turns making actions – movement and attacks – until 3 phases are played. Between actions, you can use the power cards to introduce effects and reactions that can swing the battle in your favour; building the best deck you can and using cunning to deploy these abilities at the perfect time is the secret to mastering the game and dominating your foe. Merely vanquishing your opponent’s warband does not guarantee victory – capturing objectives, standing your ground, making the best tactical choices and deploying the right cards at the right time will gain you the glory points you need to win!
Once you’re familiar with the rules, games will take around 30 minutes – you’ll always have time for a rematch.
In The Box
Everything you and a friend need to play games of Warhammer Underworlds is included in this box. Contained within:
- A Stormcast Eternals warband – Stormsire’s Cursebreakers – made up of 3 push-fit, blue plastic miniatures (Rastus the Charmed, Ammis Dawnguard and the leader, Averon Stormsire);
- A Nighthaunt warband – the Thorns of the Briarqueen – made up of 7 push-fit, bone-coloured plastic miniatures (The Ever-Hanged, Varclav the Cruel, the leader Briar Queen and 4 Chainrasps whom Nagash has not afforded the dignity of names). Both of these warbands are Easy To Build, with no glue necessary and a comprehensive, easy to follow construction guide;
- A 32-page rulebook, including the story of Shadespire’s rise and fall, the opening of the Nightvault, the background of the 2 included warbands and all the rules you need to play – including new scatter mechanics, rules for resolving magic spells, and the use of lethal hexes, sections of game board that are fatal to those pushed in;
- An 8-page quick start guide, covering the contents of the box, understanding your cards, movement and attacks, and playing your first game;
- 2 double-sided game boards, featuring hexes and objectives;
- 2 pre-built decks of power and objective cards – 96 in total – for use with the included warbands;
- 10 double-sided Fighter cards, providing the stats and information needed for the fighters in each warband at a glance;
- 5 attack dice, 3 defence dice and 3 magic dice;
- 11 double-sided objective tokens;
- A scatter template;
- 30 wound tokens;
- 46 double-sided glory point tokens;
- 15 double-sided move and charge tokens;
- 15 Guard tokens;
- 8 activation counters.
Warhammer Underworlds has an intense, fast and fun core ruleset, but the book contains a host of extras - new game modes, competitive and multiplayer rules:
- Matched Play: designed for competitive play, this is a set of rules that level the playing field to the finest degree – perfect for fast, friendly rivalries and tournaments;
- Multiplayer games: extra rules that allow you to combine 2 core sets of Warhammer Underworlds to create 3-or-4-player games, with clarified rules for resolving attacks and adjustments to victory conditions.
Also included is a glossary for quick and easy reference and a sample chapter of The Mirrored City, a Black Library novel set in Shadespire.
A major feature of the Warhammer Underworlds game boards is blocked and lethal hexes – the former are impassable obstacles that can create chokepoints and block line of sight, while the latter are dangerous terrain that, when a model is pushed in, prove fatal. One of the keys to becoming a master of the game and dominating every warband you face off against is learning how to use them to your advantage – the Arcane Hazards are a set of plastic tiles providing a 3-dimensional visual representation of these hexes, making it a little more obvious at a glance where these game-changing areas of the board are.
6 hex tiles are included, each a push-fit model on teal-coloured plastic:
- A throne;
- A pyre of skulls;
- A set of 3 sinister triangular ruins, floating above the ground and secured by chains;
- A set of 2 triangular ruins with smoke running between them, a skull grinning from within;
- A broken statue featuring an icon of Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead;
- A set of creepers emerging from the cracked ground below.
This kit is supplied as 17 components.
The Mirrored City is full of conquerors, despoilers and seekers of arcane knowledge, but Mollog – an ancient Dankhold Troggoth – just wants a nap! Stirred from a long slumber, he now seeks a bit of peace and quiet, and is more than happy to crack the skulls of anyone who’d deny it to him.
Mollog’s Mob is a Warhammer Underworlds warband like no other, focused around a single, brutally powerful fighter (and his squiggy mates). You’ll sweep through unprepared warbands with ease, using a host of nasty critters to support your rampage. Inside this set, you’ll find four push fit models that let you build Mollog’s Mob, plus fighter cards for keeping track of their rules in battle.
This set also features 60 unique cards, available only in this set. You’ll be able to harness the full might of Mollog’s Mob with 29 warband-specific cards, or upgrade your decks for any warband with 31 universal cards – including objectives, ploys and upgrades – that anyone can use.
Theddra Skull-scryer, war shaman of the Tribe of the Black Fang, leads a Godsworn Hunt into the depths of the Mirrored City, seeking worthy sacrifices to pledge to the Chaos pantheon.
The Godsworn Hunt bring the ferocity, speed and ruthlessness of the Darkoath to the ultimate competitive miniatures game. A flexible warband capable of playing aggressively or holding objectives, they're perfect if you're looking to win with cunning, speed and sheer brutality. Inside this set, you’ll find 6 all-new push fit models, representing each of the Godsworn Hunt, plus Fighter cards to keep track of their rules.
This set also features 60 unique cards only available in this set for building your Warhammer Underworlds decks. Harness the dark abilities of the Godsworn Hunt with a set of warband-specific objectives, upgrades, ploys and spells, or enhance any warband with 31 powerful universal cards that anyone can use.
Forbidden Chambers Board Pack
Give yourself extra tactical options in Warhammer Underworlds with this special double-sided board pack! This board section has been expertly designed to offer new challenges and opportunities for your warband. On one side, you’ll find a group of three lethal hexes make for a deadly deterrent, while the other lets you keep your warband close together with three adjacent starter hexes. If you're looking to surprise your foes and shake up your strategy, this set is for you!
Please note – this set is fully compatible with the boards provided in Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault, and a copy of the Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault Core Set is required to use it.