Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game, by Games Workshop, gives you the opportunity to relive the excitement of the motion pictures and novels. A rebirth of sorts, with the game reborn under the long-deserved moniker The Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game.
At last the amazing characters and events from The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™ live together side by side in the main rules manual, and a raft of expansions that deal with one topic or another are planned into the distant future.
Narrative matched and open play allow you a weallth of ways to explore and enjoy Middle Earth
20-04-2019Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game: Battle Companies
20-04-2019Éowyn & Merry
The Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game is the tabletop game for 2 or more players that allows you to play through the events from The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™ with your collection of Citadel and Forge World models. Take control of your favourite heroes, villains and armies, recreate scenes from the movies and books, and gather your forces together to do battle with your opponent in a test of wits and prowess. This 208-page hardback rules manual is a comprehensive guide to the hobby of building, painting and playing games with your Middle-earth models, whether you choose the forces of Good or Evil.
This section features an overview of the wider hobby of collecting, painting and playing with Middle-earth miniatures, from the very basics of choosing your army, the items you need in order to run games, setting up your battlefield and understanding the rules and profiles you’ll use in-game.
Here, you’ll be taken through the meat of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game – the actual rules that you’ll use to play:
- Basic Principles: a primer on the fundamental concepts and terms used in the book, this section briefly explains a few things that the newcomer may find daunting;
- Turn Sequence: each turn is divided into 5 phases – Priority, which determines who acts first, Movement, which covers moving your models on the tabletop, interacting with terrain and using control zones, Shoot, which covers ranged attacks, Fight, which covers close combat, and Courage, in which your models are tested to see if they stand their ground or flee in terror;
- Monsters: while their basic rules are typically the same as those for other models in the game, Monster models are particularly powerful – this section covers their special rules. This includes War Beasts, huge creatures ridden into battle, crushing the foe as they march on;
- Weapons & Wargear: split into 4 subsections – close combat, missile, equipment and armour – this section explains the variety of weapons and wargear available to your models, and the impact your choices will have on your tactical decisions;
- Magical Powers: certain models have the ability to cast magical powers, and this section explains targeting, casting and resisting those powers during the Move phase, with a list of every Magical Power available to cast;
- Special Rules: this section collects together all the passive and active Special Rules which can appear on model profiles, compiled for easy reference;
- Advanced Rules: found in certain Scenarios, these rules – covering water features, sentries, passengers and carrying objects – come in handy when recreating scenes from the history of Middle-earth;
- Siege Engines: rules for fielding these immense and obvious threats, covering their movement, firing, upgrades and crew (and their ability to launch severed heads as ammunition…);
- Sieges: throughout the history of Middle-earth, many sieges have taken place – here are the basic rules for creating your own sieges with your models.
Narrative Play games allow you to recreate your favourite battles and scenes from both the books and the films, using your collection of Citadel and Forge World models. Each Scenario – found in The Armies of The Lord of the Rings™ and The Armies of The Hobbit™ – has a selection of special rules that balance them, providing an experience closely matching the scenes from the books and films.
With no restrictions whatsoever, Open Play games have unlimited creative potential, and are perfect for beginners and veterans alike. Simply get your collections together and dream up your own scenarios – any combination of army fighting any other combination of army, on a playing field of your own devising with objectives unique to your game – the possibilities are literally endless.
In Matched Play games, you and your opponent gather your forces of heroes and warriors from your collection, up to an agreed points limit, before unleashing your armies for the fate of Middle-earth. This section includes advice on building an army to a points limit, determining the size of the games you want to play, Alliances, wargear limits, initial priority, objectives, and Heroic Tiers – the respect and loyalty that Heroes command.
This section includes 12 Matched Play Scenarios, each providing a different tactical challenge.
The Armies of Middle-earth
This section is an inspiring showcase of beautifully painted miniatures from across the Citadel and Forge World ranges, showing you just what is possible when painting your own.
4 example armies – Minas Tirith, Isengard, Defenders of Erebor, Azog’s Hunters – showing you how the army was built, the points values they represent and the rules they can leverage.
The Armies of The Lord of The Rings™ is an expansion for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game that enables you to recreate your favourite scenes from The Lord of the Rings™ Motion Picture Trilogy with your collection of Citadel and Forge World models. It includes all the information you need to take control of all the Heroes and armies on the tabletop – included in the 244-page hardback:
- 16 army lists for the forces of Good, including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: The Fellowship, The Shire, The Rangers, Númenor, Minas Tirith, The Fiefdoms, The Dead of Dunharrow, Arnor, Rohan, Wildmen of Druaden, Rivendell, Lothlórien, Fangorn, The Misty Mountains, The Kingdom of Khazad-dûm, and Wanderers in the Wild;
- 11 army lists for the forces of Evil , including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: Barad-dûr, Angmar, Mordor, Moria, Isengard, The Easterlings, Variags of Khand, The Serpent Horde, Far Harad, Corsairs of Umbar, and Sharkey's Rogues;
- 11 Narrative Play Scenarios based on pivotal battles: The Last Alliance, The Fall of Khazad-dûm, The Fall of Arnor, Ambush at Amon Hen, Ambush at Ithilien, The Deeping Wall is Breached, Last March of the Ents, Paths of the Druadan, The Black Ships, The Battle of Pelennor Fields, and The Battle of Bywater;
- A full Allies Matrix, showing which factions can work together;
- Army Bonuses for every faction;
- 269 profiles, providing rules for your favourite Heroes, Villains, Monsters and Warriors.
As the sun begins to rise upon the fields of Pelennor, the great siege of Minas Tirith is all but lost… Yet hope has not faded and help is close at hand. Through the crisp morning air, the sound of horns can be heard ringing out, signalling the arrival of King Théoden and the Riders of Rohan. With the hosts of Mordor arrayed in their thousands, Théoden gives an impassioned speech and leads his men into the fray, riding for ruin and the world’s ending!
Prepare to enter the amazing world of Middle-earth, and recreate the greatest battles and adventures from The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™. In this box set, you’ll find all the miniatures (no less than 84!) and rules you and an opponent will need to defend the city of Minas Tirith – or take command of the forces of Evil and wage destruction and war upon the kingdom of Gondor. Included:
- Théoden, King of Rohan on Foot and Horseback: this character is supplied as 2 models, 1 on foot and 1 mounted and charging. Both models feature options for a helmeted or unhelmeted head, and both are clad in heavy armour, and armed with his sword, Herugrim. On foot, Théoden holds a shield; mounted, that shield is stowed;
- 12 Warriors of Rohan: foot-soldiers who make up the rank and file of the armies of Rohan. 4 models are armed with bows, 4 with hand weapons and shields, and 4 with spears and shields;
- 12 Riders of Rohan: horse-masters beyond compare, renowned for their great skill and bravery. 4 are armed with spear and shield, 4 with bows, 2 with swords and shields, and 2 with axes and shields;
- 20 Warriors of the Dead: restless spectral images of their former selves. 14 are armed with hand weapons, and 6 with spears.
- The Witch-King of Angmar on Fell Beast: the greatest of the Nazgûl, and Sauron’s most deadly lieutenant, the Witch-King of Angmar carries a sword, wears the Crown of Morgul and attacks with the Fell Beast’s teeth and claws;
- A Mordor Troll: spearheading attacks and breaking down fortress walls, this enormous creature wears heavy armour and is armed with a hand-and-a-half hammer;
- 36 Morannon Orcs: hailing from the Black Gate these are a stronger breed of Orc than those who man Sauron’s other bastions. They wear brutal-looking, thick armour – 18 carry hand weapons and shields, and 18 carry spears and shields.
This box contains the complete, unabridged 208-page hardback Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game Rules Manual, packed with essential rules, guides and information covering Open, Narrative and Matched Play with your Middle-earth miniatures. Everything from the basic fundamentals of movement and combat through to fielding siege engines and casting magical powers is here, in an easy to follow format with annotated diagrams and photographs demonstrating the flow of battle. It even features beautifully-painted example armies, providing inspiration for your own collections.
As well as this, there’s a 16-page booklet – this contains the scenarios and profiles you’ll use in conjunction with the Rules Manual to recreate the Battle of Pelennor Fields with the miniatures in this box. 4 Scenarios are included to play through – Charge of the Rohirrim, Théoden’s Last Stand, The March of the Dead and The Battle of Pelennor Fields – each of these in turn adds more and more miniatures from the box, increasing the scale of the battles as you play.
A selection of gaming accessories are included, necessary for play:
- 12 6-sided dice;
- A 12" Rohan range ruler;
- A 12" Mordor range ruler;
- A double-sided sheet of punch-out tokens, used in game to denote effects and statuses of models.
The Armies of The Hobbit™ is an expansion for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game that enables you to recreate your favourite scenes from The Hobbit™ Motion Picture Trilogy with your collection. The 160-page hardback book includes all the information you need to take control of all the Heroes and armies on the tabletop:
- 13 army lists for the forces of Good, including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: Thorin's Company; Army of Thror; The Iron Hills; Erebor Reclaimed; Army of Lake-town; Survivors of Lake-town; Garrison of Dale; Rivendell; Halls of Thranduil; Radagast's Alliance; The Misty Mountains; The White Council; Wanderers in the Wild;
- 7 army lists for the forces of Evil, including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: Azog's Legion; Azog's Hunters; Dark Powers of Dol Guldur; Dark Denizens of Mirkwood; Goblin-town; The Trolls; Desolator of the North;
- 11 Narrative Play Scenarios based on pivotal battles: Destruction of Dale; Battle of Azanulbizar; Roast Mutton; Hunting Party; Escape from Goblin-town; Out of the Frying Pan, and into the Fire; Flies and Spiders; Fire and Water; The Fall of the Necromancer; Battle of the Five Armies; Battle for Dale;
- A full Allies Matrix, showing which factions can work together;
- Army Bonuses for every faction;
- Profiles providing rules for your favourite Heroes, Villains, Monsters and Warriors.
At the end of the Third Age, Gondor was the greatest remaining land of Men, the last bulwark of might standing against the growing darkness of Mordor. As Sauron's armies were unleashed and the War of the Ring began, it was Gondor that stood against the might of the Orcish hordes and their dark allies. And it was before the gates of the White City, on the Pelennor Fields, that the tides of war would turn, as the rightful king returned and heroes rose and fell…
This expansion for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game focuses on the the events of the Dark Lord Sauron's assault on the kingdom of Gondor during the War of the Ring. It features background on Gondor and the White City of Minas Tirith, along with a wealth of new rules, scenarios, profiles and a campaign that allows you to refight some of the greatest battles of the Third Age with your collection of Citadel and Forge World miniatures.
Inside this 128-page hardback book, you will find:
– History of Gondor: A guide to the realm, from its founding by Elendil to the Third Age and the coming of King Elessar
– Scenarios: 29 narrative play scenarios ranging in size from small skirmishes to mighty clashes let you refight your favourite battles from the books and films, from the fall of Osgiliath to the Battle of the Black Gate.
– Gondor at War Campaign: Link the scenarios together into a flowing campaign, with each battle having an impact on others.
– Armies: Background, tactics and army lists for Minas Tirith, Rohan, The Fiefdoms, The Dead of Dunharrow, Mordor, The Serpent Horde, Far Harad and the Corsairs of Umbar. Includes new profiles for a range of Heroes.
– Legendary Legions: 8 stand-alone army lists representing the forces that fought in famous battles of the War of the Ring: Rangers of Ithilien, The Grey Company, The Return of the King™, The Riders of Théoden, The Men of the West, The Army of Gothmog, Grand Army of the South, and The Black Gate Opens
– Miniatures showcase: A selection of Citadel and Forge World models for each of the armies in this book.
Designed for use with the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game, this is a set of 7 measuring rulers – supplied on silver metallic plastic – in a variety of shapes which tie in thematically to Middle-earth itself. Use them to measure space between models for combat, casting magic and moving your models. Each is tied to a specific theme – Sting measures 4”, which is the distance Hobbits can be moved in-game, and Gandalf’s staff is a mighty 12”: the range of most spells. Included:
- A Morgul-blade, measuring 3”;
- Sting, measuring 4”;
- Gimli’s Axe, measuring 5”;
- Glamdring, measuring 6”
- Anduril, measuring 8”;
- A Witch-king of Angmar’s Sword, measuring 10”;
- Gandalf the White’s Staff, measuring 12”;
- A double-sided Priority marker, featuring the white tree of Gondor on one side and the Eye of Sauron on the other.
Battle Companies is an expansion to the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game that enables you to assemble small groups of Warriors that, over the course of several games, will progress and develop into your own unique warbands. Create your own Heroes and Villains of Middle-earth, and forge them into legend through the deeds they perform on the battlefield.
This book contains all of the rules for playing games of Battle Companies, including a host of races and factions, wargear upgrades, equipment options and much more.
This expansion includes:
- 38 different Battle Companies from all corners of Middle-earth, each with their own special rules, advancements and abilities
- Full rules for advancing the members of your Battle Company, including progression charts, injury tables, armouries and more
- Eight bespoke paths for your warband's Hero to follow as they progress in experience
- 18 Matched Play Scenarios specially formulated to be played using two opposing Battle Companies
- Two different campaigns (narrative and map-based)
- Additional rules for using your Battle Company in larger games with the rest of your collection
This expansion supports both The Hobbit™ and The Lord of The Rings™, incorporating the Citadel and Forge World miniatures ranges. You will need a copy of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game Rules Manual to use this expansion, as well the Armies of The Lord of the Rings™ and the Armies of The Hobbit™ for the model profiles, according to your choice of Battle Companies warband.
NOTE: Both the template for map-based campaigns and Battle Companies roster are available as free downloads on the product page of the Games Workshop webstore.
Those warriors who excel in riding a horse will join the Knights of Minas Tirith. Tall and stern, these knights are truly the pride of Gondor's armies. It is often the knights who lead the charge against Gondor's enemies, leaving the broken remnants of enemy formations in their wake.
This box set contains 6 plastic Knights of Minas Tirith in 30 components, armed with lances and shields. Models supplied with 40mm round bases.
Minas Tirith's armies are the greatest of all the realms of Men - disciplined, superbly equipped and led by veterans of the wars with Harad and Mordor. Each warrior in Minas Tirith's army is trained to wield a variety of weapons, from the humble sword or bow, to the deadly knight's lance. It is these valiant warriors who defend the walls of the White City against the legions of Mordor, and protect her lands from the threat of invasion. Of all the men in Middle-earth, it would be hard to find a better armed or armoured warrior than a man of Gondor.
This plastic boxed set contains 32 components, with which to build 24 Warriors of Minas Tirith: 8 with bow, 8 with sword and shield, and 8 with spear and shield. This set comes with 24 25mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
The Trolls of Mordor have been bred by Sauron so that they can withstand the light of the sun without turning to stone like other Trolls. Even bigger and stronger than their subterranean kin, these monsters are amongst the most lethal troops in the armies of the Dark Lord.
This multipart, plastic box set allows you to build an Isengard Troll, Mordor Troll or Mordor Troll Drummer. This finely detailed kit comes with 4 weapon options and a range of head and armour options that allow you to customise your Troll. Model is supplied with a 60mm round base.
Amongst the Haradrim tribes are accomplished horsemen who roam the desert and savannah alike, conducting unrelenting raids upon their neighbours.
This box set contains 6 plastic Haradrim Raiders, including 3 with spears, 2 with bows and a banner bearer. Models supplied with 40mm round bases.
The armies of Harad often employ Mûmakil, massive war-beasts trained by the Mahud, to trample their enemies under colossal hooves. A Mumak is nigh unstoppable once it begins its charge, tossing aside enemies like broken dolls. A Mûmak can break through an enemy line while Haradrim warriors rain deadly arrows from atop the howdah on its mighty back.
This boxed set contains a plastic War Mumak of Harad, 12 Warriors of Harad (6 with bows and 6 with spear) and 1 Mûmak Champion.
It was in Rivendell that Frodo made the decision to carry the Ring to Mordor and cast it into the fires of Mount Doom, thus ending its power forever. With him went eight companions, and collectively they were known as The Fellowship of the Ring.
This multipart plastic The Fellowship of the Ring set contains nine wonderfully sculpted plastic figures - Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir and the Hobbits, Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin - as well as one Ring Priority Marker. Each of these miniatures stand ready for combat - with swords, axe, staff and even a sturdy frying pan in hand and ready to strike the enemy. Garbed in an array of items, from elegant, flowing cloaks to sturdy chainmail, these incredibly dynamic The Fellowship of the Ring models will make an excellent addition to any The Lord of the Rings collection.
This multipart plastic box set contains 13 components and ten 25mm Round Bases with which to make The Fellowship of the Ring as well as one Ring Priority Marker.
These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
The Balrog is a mighty creature of great age and power. Awoken by eager Dwarven miners, the Balrog brought destruction to their kingdoms, overwhelming Durin and his doughty warriors in a series of terrible battles. Of all the evil powers in the world, the Balrog is amongst the most terrible and as one of the largest models we sell, is the perfect centre piece for an evil army.
This box set contains one multipart plastic Balrog and includes options for a flaming sword or whip. Model supplied with a 60mm scenic base.
Borne aloft on soft and silent wings, the host of Great Eagles hunt far and wide in the valleys around the Misty Mountains.
These Great Eagles are impressive additions for any collection. With their wings out wide, one of them slightly further back than the other, their talons are extended in front of them, posed as if swooping down upon some poor unsuspecting individual. They are covered in remarkably detailed feathers and feature determined, noble expressions.
This kit contains 16 components, 2 large flying bases and ball socket stems with which to make 2 Great Eagles.
This kit comes supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
In scattered and isolated places across Middle-earth, the dead walk, ever bound to this world by sorcery or curse. Almost all undying beings are bound into the service of Sauron, he who forged their deathless existence. By contrast, the spirit-folk of the Dwimorberg are tied to an altogether different fate. When Elendil marched against Sauron, his son, Isildur, came to the Dwimorberg and obtained an oath-sworn promise of aid against the forces of Mordor from the people that lived there. Yet when Isildur called upon the people of the mountains to fight, they scattered and fled, entombing themselves in their fortress rather than fighting in fulfilment of their promise. In rage at their betrayer, Isildur cursed them to wander the hills for all eternity until their oath was met. To this day, their oath has yet to be fulfilled...
This plastic boxed set contains 50 components, with which to build 20 Warriors of the Dead: 14 with hand weapon, and 6 with spear. This set comes with 20 25mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
If Orcs are the foulest creatures to walk Middle-earth then the Uruk-hai are the most dangerous perversion of the breed. Where ordinary Orcs are crook-limbed and timid, the Uruk-hai are strong, muscular, upright warriors of greater skill and courage. Equipped with flame-forged armour and brutal blades from the forges of Isengard, the Uruk-hai march to war against the Free People of Middle-earth. They care not for land or possessions, nor for homes and families; they simply kill all in their path in pursuit of endless war and the taste of raw man-flesh.
This plastic boxed set contains 32 components, with which to build 20 Uruk-hai Warriors: 10 with sword and shield, and 10 with pike. This set comes with 20 25mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
It is not enough for Saruman that he has unleashed an army of thousands against Helm's Deep -- his plan is to destroy Rohan's greatest defence utterly. To that end, he has fabricated explosive charges which can be detonated with devastating effect.
Using these charges, Uruk-hai Siege Troops have been tasked by Saruman to bring down the walls of Helm's Deep.This boxed set contains 8 Uruk-hai, 2 Uruk-hai Berserkers, 4 Ladders and 2 Demolition Charges. All the miniatures included in this set are plastic.
Easterlings are amongst the most fanatical followers of the Dark Lord and the best equipped of all the warriors at his command. Unlike the rabble of Orcs that spew forth from the Black Gate, the armies of the East are well-trained and disciplined warriors that will fight fiercely for Sauron, who they view as a vengeful deity. As children they are schooled in the art of war, and their womenfolk fight alongside the men as equals - in Rhûn all are prepared to fight for the Dark Lord. Trained to fight in deadly phalanxes, their spears form a hedge of sharpened blades that is virtually impenetrable - only a foolish general would send his warriors to take on a block of Easterlings head on.
This plastic boxed set contains 54 components, with which to build 20 Easterling Warriors: 8 with sword and shield, 8 with bow, and 4 with spear and shield. This set comes with 20 25mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
Easterlings are amongst the most fanatical followers of the Dark Lord and the best equipped of all the warriors at his command. Unlike the rabble of Orcs that spew forth from the Black Gate, the armies of the East are well-trained and disciplined warriors that will fight fiercely for Sauron, who they view as a vengeful deity. As children they are schooled in the art of war, and their womenfolk fight alongside the men as equals - in Rhûn all are prepared to fight for the Dark Lord. Easterling Kataphrakts are heavy cavalry - nigh unstoppable killing machines that will sweep enemy cavalrymen from their saddles and ride down unprepared foot soldiers like a scythe through wheat. They are the elite of the Easterling armed force, and an enemy general should be wary of their devastating charges.
This plastic boxed set contains 70 components, with which to build 6 Easterling Kataphrakts. There are also a wide variety of extra components in the kit, including a banner, a set of war drums, a cloak for the captain, 4 sheathed swords and 2 dead Easterling casualties, which can be used on your bases or as objective markers. This set comes with 6 40mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
Orcs are the foulest creatures to walk Middle-earth. They are evil-hearted monsters that rejoice in slaughter and destruction. The Orc's natural aggression makes them the perfect tool of evil intent, their numberless hordes forming the core of the Mordor army. While they're individually cowardly, they gain strength through numbers - a mass of Orc warriors can be a terrifying sight for any enemy of the Dark Lord.
This plastic boxed set contains 34 components, with which to build 24 Mordor Orcs: 8 with hand weapon and shield, 8 with spear and shield, 4 with two-handed weapon, and 4 with bow. This set comes with 24 25mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
A stronger strain of Orc has appeared within the armies of the Black Gate and Barad-dûr - the Morannon Orcs. Their armour is thick and strong, providing them additional resilience. This enhanced wargear, coupled with the Morannon Orcs' increased strength, makes them ideal shock troops for Sauron's war against Minas Tirith.
This plastic boxed set contains 40 components, with which to build 24 Morannon Orcs: 12 with hand weapon and shield, and 12 with spear and shield. This set comes with 24 25mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
The Riders of Rohan are horse-masters beyond compare, reknowned for their great skill and bravery.
This box set contains 6 plastic Riders of Rohan, including: 2 with spear and shield, 2 with bows, 1 with sword and shield, and 1 with axe and shield. Models supplied with 40mm round bases
The men of Rohan are doughty folk, raised in a harsh land of moors, hills, and endless grassland. The warriors of this land fight for survival against a multitude of foes, from the Trolls and Orcs of the Misty Mountains, to the forces of the Dark Lord Sauron when they cross the Anduin into the Westfold. Many of them will ride into battle on warhorses, but many more cannot afford a noble steed and will instead fight on foot, making up the rank and file of the armies of Rohan. What these warriors lack in armour and skill, they make up for with courage and bloody minded determination - Rohan will never fall while they still protect its borders.
This plastic boxed set contains 40 components, with which to build 24 Warriors of Rohan; 8 with bow, 8 with hand weapon and shield, and 8 with spear and shield. This set comes with 24 25mm round bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
Wargs are gigantic, evil wolves - massive and dangerous creatures with a cunning and carnivorous intelligence. Warg Riders scout far ahead of the main armies of Orcs and other evil creatures, spying out the land and picking off stragglers. In battle wargs swarm towards the foe in great packs, tearing the enemy down with bestial fury.
This box set contains 6 plastic Warg Riders, including 2 with spear, 2 with bow and 2 with sword. Models supplied with 40mm round bases.
The Ringwraiths, or Nazgûl, were once the Kings of Men, the bearers of the magical rings created by Sauron. Their rings granted endless life but gradually enslaved the Kings to Saurons will. Together with their leader, the Witch-king of Angmar, they are known as the Nine and are the most deadly of Sauron's servants.
This box set contains one multipart plastic Winged Nazgûl. This 31-piece kit can be assembled as either a Ringwraith mounted on a Fell Beast and includes two different Ringwraith head and weapon-arm variants, or as the Witch-king mounted on armoured Fell Beast. Model supplied with a 60mm round, scenic base.
Although the Wizard Saruman had poisoned his mind, Théoden was ultimately freed by Gandalf. Upon hearing Gondor’s call for aid, Théoden rallies his forces to prepare for war and rides to the Pelennor in defence of their allies. Although the battle will ultimately claim his life, the deeds done upon the Pelennor will become the stuff of legend – perhaps even rivalling those achieved by Théoden’s forebears.
Théoden, King of Rohan on Foot and Horseback is a multipart plastic kit supplied as 2 models, 1 on foot and 1 mounted and charging. Both models feature options for a helmeted or unhelmeted head, and both are clad in heavy armour, and armed with his sword, Herugrim. On foot, Théoden holds a shield; mounted, that shield is stowed.
This kit comes as 22 components, and is supplied with 1 Citadel 40mm Round base and 1 Citadel 25mm Round base.
Following his victory over the Balrog, Gandalf returned to Middle-earth to see his task completed. Stripping Saruman of his power as Lord of the Istari, Gandalf is now a more powerful Wizard than ever. During the battle for Minas Tirith, it is Gandalf who rallies Gondor’s armies, inspiring them to hold back the Orc invaders.
This multipart plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Gandalf the White and Peregrin Took, both on foot and mounted on Shadowfax. When mounted, you have the option to remove Peregrin Took, leaving just Gandalf on Shadowfax. On foot, Gandalf wields Glamdring and his wizard’s staff, while Peregrin Took is clothed in the uniform of the Citadel Guard of Minas Tirith with his helmet in his left hand.
These miniatures come as 14 components, and are supplied with 2 Citadel 25mm Round bases and a Citadel 40mm Round base.
Legolas is the captain of the King’s Guard and is tasked with hunting down Orc invaders that enter his father’s realm. Although Legolas cannot match his father’s ability with a blade, he is still an exceptional warrior. Tauriel is a tremendous fighter, matchless in the deadly press of combat, weaving through the ranks of foes with her blades and leaving nought but stumbling corpses in her wake.
This multipart plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Legolas Greenleaf and Tauriel. Armed with an elven bow and pair of daggers, Legolas is posed scampering up the side of a tree trunk; Tauriel wields the same weapons but is perched on a tree trunk. These miniatures come as 11 components and are supplied with 2 25mm sculpted round bases.
Thorin Oakenshield is a Dwarf of noble birth, the son of kings and heir to the treasures of Erebor. If he is to lead his kinsmen safely to The Lonely Mountain and reclaim the incalculable wealth that lies there, he will need every ounce of his considerable cunning and skill to triumph. Thorin's Company is a remarkably detailed collection of Dwarves – Thorin Oakenshield, Balin the Dwarf, Dori the Dwarf, Oin the Dwarf, Gloin the Dwarf, Nori the Dwarf, Ori the Dwarf, Kili the Dwarf, Fili the Dwarf, Dwalin the Dwarf, Bombur the Dwarf, Bofur the Dwarf and Bifur the Dwarf. Each model carries a unique piece of weaponry – Thorin Oakenshield brandishes a sword while for the rotund Bombur the Dwarf, a ladle and meat cleaver will do the job nicely. Bilbo Baggins is a miniature of exquisite detailing, and he comes with two variant arms – with one he is gripping Sting and with the other variant he holds his walking staff. The splendiferous Gandalf the Grey is posed reaching forward, leaning upon his staff, and wearing a long robe, a scarf and sword – and not forgetting his iconic pointy hat. This kit comes in 28 plastic components, and includes 15 25mm round bases.
When the Fellowship of the Ring was broken at Amon Hen, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli chose to pursue the Uruk-hai who had abducted the Hobbits Merry and Pippin. These Three Hunters tracked the enemy to Rohan, where they fought alongside King Théoden at Helm's Deep, before turning to ancient paths in search of allies – and Aragorn's destiny.
During the Battle of Pelennor Fields, they arrived at the Docks of Harlond when things seemed darkest for the White City, leading the Army of the Dead – and with them came victory for the Men of the West.
This plastic kit builds three Citadel miniatures representing Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, the Three Hunters, as they appeared at the docks of Harlond in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King™.
The Three Hunters are a great addition to any Good army, providing hard-hitting power both up close and at range. Aragorn's inexhaustible Might resource and sword Andúril make him a potent asset, while Legolas' unerring accuracy with his bow and Gimli's wide range of attacks are tremendous support. Together, the three can take on many times their number in enemies.
Also included in the set is a plastic priority marker. One side features an icon representing the Three Hunters, featuring each of their weapons. On the other side is the Eye of Sauron. This can be used to mark who has priority in each game turn.
This multipart plastic kit comes in 27 components to build three miniatures plus a priority marker. It also includes 3 25mm round bases.
Aragorn is armed with the sword Andúril, Flame of the West. He is running forward ready to strike, and wears an Elven cloak over his Ranger garb.
Legolas is striding forward firing his Elven bow with unerring accuracy. He wears an Elven cloak over his forest-hued clothing.
Gimli is marching menacingly towards the foe, a double-handed axe ready to cleave some Orc heads. In addition, his iconic two-headed axe is stowed on his back and he carries a brace of throwing axes. He wears an Elven cloak in addition to his layers of armour.
Éowyn is a valiant shield maiden of Rohan and niece to King Théoden. Unwilling to be left behind while the menfolk rode to war, she disguised herself as a Rider of Rohan, calling herself Dernhelm. Along with her plucky Hobbit friend, Meriadoc Brandybuck, she travelled with Théoden’s army in secret and fought with incredible valour at the Battle of Pelennor Fields.
This multipart plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Éowyn and Merry, both on foot and mounted on horseback. When mounted, you have the option to remove Merry, leaving just Éowyn. On foot, Éowyn carries a sword and shield, but also bears a throwing spear when mounted. Merry is clothed in the uniform of a Squire of Rohan and also bears a sword and shield. Both versions of Éowyn can be assembled with either a head that features her flowing golden hair, or with a full helm in her guise as Dernhelm.
These miniatures come as 23 components, and are supplied with 2 Citadel 25mm Round bases and a Citadel 40mm Round base.