Designed for painters, by painters, the Citadel Painting Handle makes it much, much easier to hold your miniatures securely while painting them. It allows you to find the perfect angle from which to reach every part of your model while avoiding the hand cramps that can come from holding a base for a long time. This XL edition features exactly the same ergonomically designed handle as the regular edition, but features a much more expandable, spring-loaded clamp mechanism able to tightly grip circular and oval Citadel bases between 50mm and 105mm in diameter. Grasping the sturdy plastic handle rather than the base or miniature you’re painting means fewer mistakes from accidentally touching wet paint and can help you improve your painting all round!
The Armies of The Hobbit™ is an expansion for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game that enables you to recreate your favourite scenes from The Hobbit™ Motion Picture Trilogy with your collection. The 160-page hardback book includes all the information you need to take control of all the Heroes and armies on the tabletop:
- 13 army lists for the forces of Good, including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: Thorin's Company; Army of Thror; The Iron Hills; Erebor Reclaimed; Army of Lake-town; Survivors of Lake-town; Garrison of Dale; Rivendell; Halls of Thranduil; Radagast's Alliance; The Misty Mountains; The White Council; Wanderers in the Wild;
- 7 army lists for the forces of Evil, including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: Azog's Legion; Azog's Hunters; Dark Powers of Dol Guldur; Dark Denizens of Mirkwood; Goblin-town; The Trolls; Desolator of the North;
- 11 Narrative Play Scenarios based on pivotal battles: Destruction of Dale; Battle of Azanulbizar; Roast Mutton; Hunting Party; Escape from Goblin-town; Out of the Frying Pan, and into the Fire; Flies and Spiders; Fire and Water; The Fall of the Necromancer; Battle of the Five Armies; Battle for Dale;
- A full Allies Matrix, showing which factions can work together;
- Army Bonuses for every faction;
- Profiles providing rules for your favourite Heroes, Villains, Monsters and Warriors.
Following his victory over the Balrog, Gandalf returned to Middle-earth to see his task completed. Stripping Saruman of his power as Lord of the Istari, Gandalf is now a more powerful Wizard than ever. During the battle for Minas Tirith, it is Gandalf who rallies Gondor’s armies, inspiring them to hold back the Orc invaders.
This multipart plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Gandalf the White and Peregrin Took, both on foot and mounted on Shadowfax. When mounted, you have the option to remove Peregrin Took, leaving just Gandalf on Shadowfax. On foot, Gandalf wields Glamdring and his wizard’s staff, while Peregrin Took is clothed in the uniform of the Citadel Guard of Minas Tirith with his helmet in his left hand.
These miniatures come as 14 components, and are supplied with 2 Citadel 25mm Round bases and a Citadel 40mm Round base.
When the Fellowship of the Ring was broken at Amon Hen, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli chose to pursue the Uruk-hai who had abducted the Hobbits Merry and Pippin. These Three Hunters tracked the enemy to Rohan, where they fought alongside King Théoden at Helm's Deep, before turning to ancient paths in search of allies – and Aragorn's destiny.
During the Battle of Pelennor Fields, they arrived at the Docks of Harlond when things seemed darkest for the White City, leading the Army of the Dead – and with them came victory for the Men of the West.
This plastic kit builds three Citadel miniatures representing Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, the Three Hunters, as they appeared at the docks of Harlond in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King™.
The Three Hunters are a great addition to any Good army, providing hard-hitting power both up close and at range. Aragorn's inexhaustible Might resource and sword Andúril make him a potent asset, while Legolas' unerring accuracy with his bow and Gimli's wide range of attacks are tremendous support. Together, the three can take on many times their number in enemies.
Also included in the set is a plastic priority marker. One side features an icon representing the Three Hunters, featuring each of their weapons. On the other side is the Eye of Sauron. This can be used to mark who has priority in each game turn.
This multipart plastic kit comes in 27 components to build three miniatures plus a priority marker. It also includes 3 25mm round bases.
Aragorn is armed with the sword Andúril, Flame of the West. He is running forward ready to strike, and wears an Elven cloak over his Ranger garb.
Legolas is striding forward firing his Elven bow with unerring accuracy. He wears an Elven cloak over his forest-hued clothing.
Gimli is marching menacingly towards the foe, a double-handed axe ready to cleave some Orc heads. In addition, his iconic two-headed axe is stowed on his back and he carries a brace of throwing axes. He wears an Elven cloak in addition to his layers of armour.
Saruman the White, in his rage, decimated the idyllic lands of the Shire in a cruel campaign against a peaceful people. This war became known as the Scouring of the Shire, and it showed Middle-earth once again that Hobbits rise to the occasion when called to fight for what matters most.
With this expansion for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game, you can play through a narrative campaign to represent the battles fought during the Scouring of the Shire. You'll learn about the rich history of the Hobbits, from the founding of the Shire to their deep links with Gandalf the Grey. The book also contains rules and background information to let you field full armies of Hobbits, including two Legendary Legions!
This 80-page hardback book includes:
- A full history of the Shire, including a timeline of major battles and key events
- 16 Narrative Play scenarios, each including background, board layouts, objectives, rules and more
- An in-depth look at Hobbit armies, with tactics and army lists for The Shire and Sharkey’s Rogues
- 2 standalone Legendary Legion army lists – Defenders of the Shire and The Chief’s Ruffians
- New rules for using Traps in your games
- A handy guide to building a village of Hobbit-holes using the upgrade kit available on the ForgeWorld.com webstore
- Appendix with 3 additional Narrative Play scenarios representing historical battles (including rules for Golfimbul, the Orc Chieftain)
You will need a copy of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game Rules Manual to use this expansion.